Selected Publications (*corresponding author)
1. Hu P#, Ding H#, Liu H#, Yang Y, Chen L, He GJ, Ke W, Ping Z, Tian X, Peng Y, Shen Z, Yao X, Tao C, Yang En, Liao G, Liu X, Wang L*(2022) Regulatory basis for reproductive flexibility in a meningitis-causing fungal pathogen. Nature Communications. Dec 24. doi: 10.1038/s41467-022-35549-y.
2. Liu H#, Yao X#, Ke W, Ding H, He G, Ma S, Peng Y, Xu X, Liao G*, Tian X*, Wang L* (2022) A velvet transcription factor specifically activates mating through a novel mating-responsive protein in the human fungal pathogen Cryptococcus deneoformans. Microbiology Spectrum. April 26. doi: 10.1128/spectrum.02653-21.
3. Ke W, Xie Y, Hu Y, Ding H, Fan X, Huang J, Tian X, Zhang B, Xu Y, Liu X, Yang Y*, Wang L* (2022) A forkhead transcription factor contributes to the regulatory differences of pathogenicity in closely related fungal pathogens. mLife. Mar 24. doi: 10.1002/mlf2.12011.
4. Zhang Y, Zhou L, Liu Y, Zhao X, Lian X, Zhang J, Zhao D, Wang Y, Zhong J, Wang J, Wang H, Wang L*, Fu Y* (2022) A peptide from budding yeast GAPDH serves as a promising antifungal against Cryptococcus neoformans. Microbiology Spectrum. Jan 12. doi: 10.1128/spectrum.00826-21.
5. Hu P#, Ding H#, Shen L#, He G, Liu H, Tian X, Tao C, Bai X, Liang J, Jin C, Xu X, Yang E, Wang L* (2021) A unique cell wall synthetic response evoked by glucosamine determines pathogenicity-associated fungal cellular differentiation. PLoS Genetics. Oct 8. doi: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1009817.
（Recommended by Faculty Opinions，“Top 0.5% in Microbiology”）
6. Hu P#, Liu L#, Ke W, Tian X, Wang L* (2021) A cyclin protein governs the infectious and sexual life cycles of Cryptococcus neoformans. Sci China Life Sci. Aug. doi: 10.1007/s11427-020-1697-3.
7. Tian X#, Ding H#, Ke W, Wang L* (2021) Quorum Sensing in Fungal Species. Annual Review of Microbiology. Aug 4. doi: 10.1146/annurev-micro-060321-045510.
8. Liu L#, He G#, Chen L#, Zheng J, Chen Y, Shen L, Tian X, Li E, Yang E, Liao G, Wang L* (2018) Genetic basis for coordination of meiosis and sexual structure maturation in Cryptococcus neoformans. Elife. Oct 3;7. doi: 10.7554/eLife.38683.
(Elife editor digest article; recommended by Faculty Opinions，“Top 0.5% in Microbiology”)
9. Tian X#, He G#, Hu P#, Chen L, Tao C, Cui YL, Shen L, Ke W, Xu H, Zhao Y, Xu Q, Bai F, Wu B, Yang E, Lin X, Wang L* (2018) Cryptococcus neoformans sexual reproduction is controlled by a quorum sensing peptide. Nature Microbiology. May 21. doi: 10.1038/s41564-018-0160-4.
(Featured research article selected by Nature Microbiology，recommended by Faculty Opinions，“Top 0.2% in Microbiology”）
10. Wang L* and Lin X* (2015) The morphotype heterogeneity in Cryptococcus neoformans. Current Opinion in Microbiology. Jun 18. doi: 10.1016/j.mib.2015.06.003.
11. Wang L#*, Tian X#, Gyawali R, Upadhyay S, Foyle D, Wang G, Cai J and Lin X* (2014) Morphotype transition and sexual reproduction are genetically associated in a ubiquitous environmental pathogen. PLoS Pathogens. Jun 5. doi: 10.1371/journal.ppat.1004185.
(Featured research article selected by PLoS Pathogens)
12. Wang L, Tian X, Gyawali R, and Lin X*. (2013)Fungal adhesion protein guides community behaviors and autoinduction in a paracrine manner. PNAS. Jul 9. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1308173110.
(Recommended by Faculty Opinions)
13. Wang L and Lin X. (2012) Morphogenesis in fungal pathogenicity: shape, size, and surface. PLoS Pathogens. Dec 6. doi: 10.1371/journal.ppat.1003027.
14. Wang L, Zhai B, and Lin X. (2012) The link between morphotype transition and virulence in Cryptococcus neoformans. PLoS Pathogens. Jun 21. doi: 10.1371/journal.ppat.1002765.
(Featured research article selected by PLoS Pathogens; recommended by Faculty Opinions)
15. Zhai B, Wu C, Wang L, Sachs MS and Lin X. (2012) The antidepressant sertraline provides a promising therapeutic option for neurotropic cryptococcal Infections. Antimicrobial Agents Chemotherapy. Jul. doi: 10.1128/AAC.00212-12.
(Recommended by Faculty Opinions)