1. systematic and evolutionary biology of worldwide Umbilicariaceae lichens based on the combination of phenotype and genotype
2. the biodiversity and ecological construction of desert lichens in response to reduce sand storm and global warming
3. screening, analysis and application of genes involved in stress response from lichens in extreme environments
4. the study of desert crust lichens and their vegetative reproduction characteristic
5. molecular evolutionary biology of lichen-forming and non lichen-forming fungi
6. Flora Lichens Sinicarum, Umbilicariaceae, Cladoniaceae et al.
7. the anti-tumor activity of compounds from lichens